Year in Review - MiniaturesLooking back on my goals I had originally set at the end of 2013 I see I did mediocre at best.
1. War Rocket - never got to the Valkeeri
2. 15mm Ancients - I got quite a number of Hittite bases completed. The army isn't quite finished yet, close but not quite. I kind of burned myself out painting them and the NK Egyptians.
3. 15mm terrain - I got a fair bit done. A handful of buildings were completed and I painted up the trenches for Terry and myself for the Martian Front.
4. 25mm sci-fi - did nothing and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe I'll get back into it sometime in 2015. If I haven't by the end of 2015 then I might as well get rid of it all.
5. 28mm Samurai - I didn't do any this year.
6. 54mm War of 1812 - I got a TON of these done this year. I've got some more primed ready to go.
7. Martian Front - I didn't get quite as much painted this year as everything hasn't come yet.
So for the coming year here's my goals:
1. War Rocket - paint the Valkeeri.
2. 15mm Ancients - finish off my Hittites. I'll probably hold off for at least 6 months to build interest back up.
3. Terrain - I've got a few more 15mm buildings to paint up. I've also got 11 28mm European buildings from Sarissa Precision to paint up for World War II.
4. 28mm Samurai - I've got to get going on this so I'll set the same goal I had last year: at least 4 bases done.
5. 54mm War of 1812 - finish off everything I have. I've probably got at least half a dozen units left to do.
6. Martian Front - as Terry and I are running a game at MayDay I've got a bunch of painting to do and I'll be getting to it as soon as I'm done my French.
7. 28mm World War II - finish my French (at least what I have). Warlord is going to be releasing more French so I imagine I'l be ordering more. And like a crackhead, I've actually ordered some Germans so they should arrive in a few weeks.
Year in Review - BoardgamesThis year was crazy for boardgames. In 2013 I played 96 matches of 29 different games. This year I played 144 matches of 36 different games. Probably the main reason behind the big jump is a good friend moved to within a couple blocks of me so we've been getting in a lot of games.
My top 3 games were:
#1: Carcassonne - 18 games
#2: Kingdom Builder - 14 games
#3: Lords of Waterdeep & Twilight Struggle - 11 games
My game collection this year grew quite substantially this year. I really hope to get in more plays of my wargames as I only got in about 25 games this year. The ones I really want to get more plays or any plays in are Eclipse, Conflict of Heroes, Friedrich and Sekigahara.
So I'll bid farewell to 2014 and I look forward to much gaming in 2015. Have a safe New Year!