MiniaturesMy miniatures painting this year was rather dismal compared to last. I had set my self a goal of getting 350 figs painted this year, alas I didn't even make it to 200. A large part of this was due to work being incredibly busy this year. Unfortunately 2013 doesn't look any better. I was able to at least a couple of my goals completed or advanced. Probably the most noteworthy things were, I was able to get 3 fleets painted for War Rocket and get a number of bases of Ashigaru painted. For 2013 my goals are:
1. War Rocket - complete the remaining fleets - the Valkeeri and the Pirates (Pirates are on my painting table right now).
2. Paint up at least one of the Forgeworld models I have.
3. my 15mm sci-fi alien faction and find a set of rules that I actually like
4. more 15mm terrain
5. 15mm NK Egyptians for Impetus (which I've actually started painting)
6. 28mm Samurai for Impetus - I'd like to get the Ashigaru all completed
7. I've decided to do a project based on Robotech using 1/200 models. I'm presently in buying mode so it may be a while before I start assembly and painting.
Note: I'm not setting myself a specific number of figs to paint this year.
BoardgamingOverall this past year I played 30 different games with 87 matches played. My top 5 games played were:
#1: Dominion- 12 games played
#2: Commands & Colors Napoleonics- 9 games played
#3: Elder Sign- 7 games played
#4: Arkham Horror- 6 games played
#5: Pandemic & Settlers of Catan- 4 games played
Breaking down the number of games played by manufacturer:
#1: Fantasy Flight Games- 7 different games
#2: Rio Grande Games- 6 different games
#3: GMT Games- 4 different games
#4: Z-Man Games & Wizards of the Coast- 3 different games
#5: Mayfair Games- 2 different games
#6: Days of Wonder, Gale Force 9, Worthington Games, Clever Mojo Games & Academy Games- all one game each
I didn't play as many wargames this year as last, mainly due time constraints due to work and my main opponent becoming busy also. Hopefully this year I can find a solution to this problem.
Good bye 2012, hello 2013!