Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merchant of Venus

I picked up Merchant of Venus (Fantasy Flight Games) last week when I popped down to Mecca (Sentry Box) and I took it over to a friends place last night. The game is a redo of the original and comes with 2 different games: the actual original revamp and a new reimagined version.  Needless to say, you can tell its a Fantasy Flight Games boardgame: it has a TON of pieces. The game has a player fly around and discover new planets while making money buying and selling goods such as Glorious Junk, Designer Genes and the Finest Dust.  As you can see the game is slightly tongue in cheek as you can buy upgrades for your ship such as Fuzzy Dice, a Fancy Spoiler and a Zen Paint Job. It's a pretty fun game and only took us about 2 1/2 hours to play.

My next fleet for War Rocket, the Pirate Fleet, came in today and I'm looking forward to painting these up. I'm also basing up a couple units of Ashigaru and I should be starting my Egyptians pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment