Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xmas & Boxing Day Goodies

Christmas/Boxing Day 2010 has turned out to be full of boardgames. For Christmas I acquired Civilization from Fantasy Flight Games. Got in a 2-player game today and I had a pretty good time. As this game can take up to 4 players, I'm really looking forward to playing this game with all 4. The game I feel really reflects the computer game with lots of things to do.

For Boxing Day, our local Wizards comic shop had a rather nice sale: 25% off everything and if you spend over $200, it's 50% off. Well, my credit card took a beating. It was rather embarrassing as I stumbled out of the shop with an overflowing armful of boardgames. My catch: Tide of Iron and it's expansion Days of the Fox (Fantasy Flight Games), Kingsport Horror (FFG expansion for Arkham Horror), Descent: Tomb of Ice (FFG expansion for Descent), Imperial (Rio Grande Games) and for a friend of mine I picked up Agricola and Pandemic (both from Z-Man Games), Dominion: Intrigue (Rio Grande Games expansion for Dominion) and Bridges, Castles & Bazaars (Rio Grande expansion for Carcassonne).

2011 is shaping up to be a year filled up with loads of boardgaming fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment