Sunday, January 5, 2014

War of 1812 - 54mm British Infantry

Tonight I finally finished off 3 units of British infantry for my War of 1812 project. I started these early in December and spent most of the past month painting them. First up is a small unit of 8th Foot Grenadiers.
Next up are two regular units of infantry: 49th Foot with green collars and cuffs and the 89th Foot with black collars and cuffs.

None of the figures have their matte sealer coat as it's too bloody cold out to spray, so that will have to wait for another day.

Next to come off of the table are either two small units of Glengarry Light Infantry or a large batch of Hittites.

I now have to figure out how transport these figs. They're tall and pretty heavy so can easily fall over. And I need to make some unit bases to move them around as shuffling a dozen figures around is cumbersome.


  1. Very nice!

    The temperature was -50°C with the windchill in Saskatoon when I woke up this morning, and pretty much stayed like that until noon. This is one of the main reasons I switch to a paint-on varnish!

  2. I think the reason I haven't looked into it is I like the speed of spray as opposed to brushing it on. I'll speak to Terry as I think he might have picked up some brush on sealer.