Sunday, April 23, 2017

Ashigaru and More Frostgrave

It's been a slow month but I finally got a few figures completed. First up is a couple bases for my ongoing lifetime samurai project. These are metal figures from Kingsford Miniatures. This is a pair of Ashigaru skirmish archer bases.
I'm hoping to get a lot more of this project completed this year. My end goal is to have two samurai armies and an Ikko-Ikki army. I've got a couple more Ashigaru Teppo and a couple Samurai cavalry bases on my table then I'll probably switch to working on some Ikko-Ikki bases.

Next up is a collection of Frostgrave figures. Almost all of these are wizards and their apprentices. I'm sure I've got enough wizards to do at least a dozen warbands. I definitely don't need any more! Figures are all metal and are "official" Frostgrave figures.
First set (l to r) is a Beastcrafter and apprentice followed by an Elementalist and apprentice.
Second set (l to r) is a Soothsayer and apprentice followed by a Lich and apprentice.
The last pair of figures is a tunnel fighter and a trap expert.

Next on my paint table (as I stated above) is some Teppo and Samurai cavalry. It will probably be a number of weeks before I get these finished, although with the bloody weather being awful, there's not much incentive to go outside and do anything.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the way you've based those Ahigaru. It makes them look more like art pieces than gaming miniatures. Top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the good thing about unit 'bases'. It doesn't matter how many figures I actually have on the base and the base itself let's you do up some nice little dioramas.

      Delete