Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomb Kings Second Run

On Saturday I had my friend Chris over for a 3ooo point rematch between his Warriors of Chaos army and my Tomb Kings. The game played out all 6 turns and ended in a draw. I would've ended up winning except his Helcannon dropped a round onto my Hierophant and splattered him. The winds of magic this time were better than the first time and allowed me to get off a few more spells. I was actually able to get off the vortex spell and had it go down across half his army devastating his horde of Marauders. He didn't have his Lord on Dragon this time, which no doubt would have made a difference. I think the most humorous part of the battle was when his Lord challenged my Tomb King general to a challenge, killed him and then in turn got killed by the Curse. Fun for everyone.

On my table is the Changeling, a couple Heralds of Slaanesh, some Daemonettes, some 15mm sci-fi vehicles (that I have no idea how I'm going to paint) and my Necrosphinx is sitting asking to be constructed.

2 comments:

  1. Cool table. Keep it warm. My Night Goblins are mustering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm with BLOOD!

    Try a white primer on the vehicles, wash with a thin base coat, detail and wash with black/brown. Makes a nice worn metal look.

    ReplyDelete