Well, another year has gone by and I can probably safely say good riddance to 2016. As it is now January 1, 2017 it's time to reflect on what I did for gaming in the past year.
Back in January of 2016 I set the following goals:
1. War Rocket - paint the Valkeeri fleet (shouldn't be a problem as I've already started them).
2. 28mm Samurai - paint up 4 base of figures.
3. 28mm World War II French - complete the items I now have.
4. 28mm World War II Germans - start this force and get at least the started box completed.
5. Martian Front - complete my figures and paint up the remaining bulk of Terry's Martians.
6. Retro Raygun - paint up the new figures I do have on hand.
7. 28mm Carthaginians - complete this army and possible start on a period Roman army.
8. 54mm War of 1812 - paint up at least 1 unit.
9. Terrain - paint up at least half of my 28mm buildings.
I completed #1 and #6. I did get some of #3 completed but I kept adding new figures to my pile so it never got completed either (although I did get close). With the exception of the Carthaginians (that I started) I didn't even work on any of the other goals. Oh well.
So for 2017, I'm going to set myself the following goals:
1. 28mm World War II French - complete this army.
2. 28mm World War II Germans - get at least the started box completed.
3. Frostgrave - paint up the small assortment of figures I do have.
4. 54mm War of 1812 - paint up at least the bulk of what I have left.
5. 28mm Samurai - paint up at least 2 bases of figures ( I really need to move this project along).
6. 28mm Carthaginians - do up at least 4 bases of units.
Hopefully I can do better than I did in 2016.
This year I played a large assortment of boardgames but I didn't play as many matches as I've played in the past couple years. This is probably due to the fact the last third of the year I was working on a work project that took up an extraordinary amount of my time. So in 2016 I played 49 different games with a total of 101 matches. My top 3 games (by matches played) were #1 Kingdom Builder (7 matches) and a tie for #2 and #3 with Firefly and Eldritch Horror (6 matches each). I'm hoping to get more wargames played in the coming year as wargames form a considerable chunk of the games I own.
Sitting on my paint table right now is the trio of French trucks which I may finish tonight, a half dozen 28mm aliens, a squad of French Senegalese, a squad of partisans and a small handful of Frostgrave figures. Here's to 2017!