Finished some terrain bits today. First up is a trio of wood piles. These are not for Stargrave but will find use in a French & Indian War game. These are pieces that Terry printed out for me.
They painted up nice and quick.
Next up is some container/crate bases. These are from Mantic's sci-fi terrain piece sets.
Also from the aforementioned sets are these 'engines'.
And finally is the first completed building from said terrain sets.
This paint scheme was a test run to see if it works, and I think it works pretty good. So I've got another 5 buildings almost done painting, 4 more ready for priming/have they're first coat of paint and another 2 under construction.
It's been a slow month and I finally got some stuff done. I've got some terrain pieces done and a few creatures for use in Stargrave. First up is the creatures. The figs are all 28mm plastic figs from Wizkids' D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures. First up is the Froghemoth.
This fig is big. I'm planning on using it as a Dedfurd in Stargrave. Maybe. The monster in the rules is Large, but it may be too big. We'll see.
Next up is a pair of Leucrotta. I'll use these as Warp Hounds. Paint job is rather meh.
On to terrain. First up is a Games Workshop Shrine of the Aquila.
My rust turned out very bright and I got out of control with it. There's a lot of crap on this building as expected from a GW piece, so it was a bit of a slog to paint.
Last up is a pair of rubbish piles that Terry had printed up for me.
And again I have the same issues as with the GW terrain piece above. I know there's a lot of rust how-to's online but I did not want to go through some 10 stage rust process for a terrain piece. I'll have to come up with something.