Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Year in Review

Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you had an enjoyable and safe holiday. Now that 2013 is over and we're into a new year I have a chance to assess my gaming for the year. I'm going to break it into two groups: miniatures and boardgaming.

Miniatures

Compared to my three previous years of writing this blog, 2013 was an excellent year for my miniature painting with a whopping 606 painted. This was mainly due to the large number of 15mm figs I painted. Painting the 15mm figs is a lot faster than painting 28mm or 54mm. Going over my goals I set out at the end of 2012:
1. War Rocket: this goal was partially completed and I didn't end up picking up the Valkeeri fleet till the Black Friday sale in November.
2. Forge World models: Not completed as I didn't get to any of these this year.
3. 15mm Sci-fi: didn't get any of this started and I haven't even found a ruleset I want to use yet though I do have a few I need to look at. I basically set this project aside for most of the year.
4. 15mm Terrain: er, yeah about that…
5. 15mm NKE: finished them and I'm well on my way to having their opponents completed!
6. 28mm Samurai: as I only set out to get a few bases done this year I'm going to say mission accomplished as I got a couple done.
7. 1/200 Robotech: er, yeah about that…

Overall not very good, but that being said I did start a new project: 54mm War of 1812 and I'm moving through that at a decent clip. So my goals for 2014:

1. War Rocket: complete the Valkeeri fleet
2. 15mm Ancients: finish my Hittites and do a few more NKE so I can maybe play using Hail Ceasar.
3. 15mm Terrain: just get more done. I've got some more buildings to do up.
4. 15mm Sci-fi: find a ruleset I want to use and maybe rebase my vehicles as I think the basing is crap.
5. 28mm Samurai: do at least another 4 bases including some Samurai bases.
6. 54mm War of 1812: complete decent sized armies for both sides able to fight in the majority of battles that took place.
7. All Quiet on the Martian Front: comes out soon and I'm going to have a ton to paint up so I'd like to get everything done I'll have for this.

Like 2013, I'm not going to set myself a goal of painting a specific number of figs.

Boardgames

In 2013 I played 96 matches of 29 different board games. My top 3 played games were:
#1: Elder Sign - 14 games
#2: Arkham Horror - 11 games
#3: C&C Napoleonics & Race For The Galaxy - 8 games

I usually get together with some friends once a month to game but this year we didn't do that very often so for 2014 I hope to get more game nights in.

On my painting table right now are 3 units of 54mm British infantry which should be completed in the next few days and I've still got a batch of Hittites waiting to be completed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Scott, when Alls Quiet arrives, we will need to work out a plan so we can get some games in quickly. ie: we don't paint the martians to start & have no opponent.

    ReplyDelete