Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WAB Victory

So yesterday Dave and I had our 4th battle in our Dark Ages campaign. Here's the initial setup.
Due to the large terrain, I went in thinking I was going to get bogged down by small skirmishing units. Thankfully that wasn't the case and I was finally able to pull off a win. I think my maneuverability helped coupled with the large amount of forested terrain. That and the fact some of the Scottish lads decided to run down some crossbowmen thereby pulling their most powerful unit out of line and pretty much out of the main fight. Once again my Pueri let me down, beaten by some foot skirmishers. And those damnable Vikings. Argh! Four hits against my heavy cavalry with 3+ armour save. The result: 3 dead Milites and panic ensues. I swear those Vikings are worth their weight in gold.

The next battle (and I believe this is our final battle) will be the Battle on the River Dubglas.

On the weekend I played a couple games of Carcassonne: New World. A pic or two should be forthcoming. This weekend coming up I have another game of Twilight Struggle and a game of Britannia by Fantasy Flight Games.

edit: here's the pic from the Carcassonne: New World game I played.

No comments:

Post a Comment