Tuesday, April 6, 2010

WAB Showdown!

So tonight was the final game in the WAB Shieldwall campaign with Dave. Dave's Scots versus my Normans. I knew I'd be facing a couple large blocks of troops, a medley of characters and those damned Vikings! The scenario (Battle at the River Dubglas) starts off with one of the sides getting the chance to issue a challenge. Unfortunately Dave won this and promptly issued a challenge with his King. My Comes Ned the Norman, bravely stepped up and then decided that this wasn't such a good idea.

The pic shows the initial setup (Scots on the left, Normans on the right). Both our generals are in the middle except mine is bravely running away (insert Robin's minstrels singing). Hmm, I really do need a better camera.

The game went for 7 rounds with Dave eeking out a narrow victory mainly due to the fact that a small unit of my knights ran off the field. Here's the field after the 7 rounds.

As we were done early we decided to play the game out for a few more rounds. It generally went downhill for the Normans. So overall the campaign was a Scot victory.

Thanks Dave for the campaign and congrats on your victory!

1 comment: